1. What is meant by Repo Rate?
1) At what rate of interest banks offer the funds to Reserve Bank of India.
2) At what rate of interest World Bank offer the funds to Central Government for not less than the period of 364 days.
3) At what rate of interest banks barrow the funds from Reserve Bank of India for short term.
4) At what rate of interest banks barrow the funds from the other banks for long term.
5) At what rate of interest central government barrow the funds from the other banks for long term.
2. Present Repo Rate is?
1) 8.00 percent
2) 8.25 percent
3) 7.00 percent
4) 9.00 percent
5) 23 percent
3. If the Repo Rate increases by Reserve Bank of India, rate of interest of the loans offered by the banks?
2) Become Zero
3) Become 100 percent
5) None of above
4. To control Inflation?
1) RBI decreases the Repo Rate
2) RBI ask the Central Government to increase the Repo Rate
3) RBI cancels the option of Repo Rate
4) RBI declares Repo Rate as Zero Percent
5) RBI increases the Repo Rate
5. Reverse Repo Rate means?
1) the rate at which Reserve Bank of India (RBI) borrows money from Central Government.
2) the rate at which state governments borrows money from banks.
3) the rate at which Reserve Bank of India (RBI) borrows money from banks.
4) the rate at which Reserve Bank of India (RBI) borrows money from State Government.
5) the rate at which Reserve Bank of India (RBI) borrows money from World bank.
6. The present Reverse Repo Rate is?
1) 8.25 percent
2) 8.50 percent
3) 9.00 percent
4) 23.00 percent
5) 7.00 percent
7. …………………… reappointed as RBI Deputy Governor till 31 December 2012.
1) Dr. K.C.Chakrabarty
2) Anand Sinha
3) Subir Gokarn
5) Kaushik Basu
8. Who among the following is not one of the 20 Directors of the Central Board of the Reserve Bank of India?
1) Anil Kakodkar
3) Ratan Tata
4) Kumar Mangalam Birla
5) Ela Bhatt
9. Syndicate Bank details are given below. Pick up correct one.
a) Syndicate Bank was established in 1925 in Udupi, Karnataka.
b) Upendra Ananth Pai, a businessman; Sri Vaman Kudva, an engineer and Dr.T M A Pai, a physician can be called the founders of this bank.
c) One of the main attractive points of this bank is “Pigmy Deposit Scheme”, which accepts as low as Rs. 5 at the door steps of depositors through its agents.
d) The present chairman is Madhukant Girdharlal Sanghvi.
e) The bank was nationalized by Indira Gandhi in 1980.
1) b, c, d
2) a, b, c, e
3) a, b, d, e
4) a, b, c, d
5) a, b, d
10. SBI SMILE provides interest-free seed capital to?
1) Large Scale Industries
3) Establish International schools in Metros
4) Small and medium enterprises
5) Non Resident Indians
11. Committees relating to banking given. Pick the wrong one.
1) Janakiraman Committee - Securities transactions of banks
2) Kalia Committee - Banks and NGO, SHG loans
3) Kalyanasundaram Committee - Non Factoring in banks
4) Khanna Committee - Supervisory framework for Non-banking Financial Companies
5) Kusro Committee - Agriculture Credit
12. Vijayalakshmi Iyer is the lady head of?
1) Andhra Bank
2) Bank of India
3) Union Bank of India
4) Axis Bank
5) United Bank of India
13. On 19th November 2012, RBI ordered the banks not to give loans ?
1) to buy two wheelers
2) to buy cars
3) to buy computers
4) to buy fertilizers
5) to buy Gold
14. Meeting of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors of G-20 commenced on 4th November 2012 at?
2) New York
3) Mexico city
4) New Delhi
15. ………….has been appointed India's Governor on the Board of Governors of the African Development Bank on 24th August 2012.
2) Kaushik Basu
4) Manmohan Singh
5) D.Subba Rao
16. Which card provides the instant and needy loan to farmers in India?
1) Addhar Credit card
2) UIDAI card
3) Kisan credit card
4) Agri-dump card
5) Bank-seed card
17. Which of the following is not a public sector unit?
18. …………… has become the world's largest stock exchange in terms of the number of trades in equity segment for the first six months of 2012.
5) Dow Jones
19. On 19th November 2012 , the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2012 conferred on Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. She is the president of?
20. Books list given. Pick the wrong one.
1) India Grows at Night - Gurcharan Das
2) My Country, My Life - Vajpayee
3) Saina Nehwal - An Inspirational Biography - T.S.Sudhir
4) Beyond Survival: Emerging Dimensions of Indian Economy - Pranab Mukherjee
21. The trophies of Sports / Games given. Select the correct one.
1) Cricket - Ranji Trophy
2) Hockey - Sultan Azlan Sha Cup
3) Badminton - Uber Cup
4) Foot Ball -Santhosh Trophy
5) All of above
22. BrahMos, the cruise missile test fired on 7th October 2012 from?
2) Goa coast
23. John Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka, the British and Japanese researchers respectively on 8th October 2012 won the Noble Prize - 2012 in?
24. NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) details are given. Pick up wrong statement.
1) NASSCOM was set up in 1988.
2) NASSCOM is headquartered in New Delhi.
3) It is established to facilitate business and trade in software and services and to encourage advancement of research in software technology .
4) It is integral part of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry).
5) Its present Chairman is Natarajan Chandrasekaran and President is Som Mittal.
25. First ordinary meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP-I) to the Convention on Biological Diversity was held (between 28 th November - 9th December 1994) at Nassau in?
26. Who will host the 36th International Geological Congress in 2020?
1) South Africa
5) United Arab Emirates
27. Disposable Income means?
1) The income incurred by government on the remaining assets other than agriculture, industry and other sectors.
2) Income spent on the I.T. sector by the government
3) Income from overseas, which is not taxable in this assessment year
4) The amount of current income available to households after the payment of taxes, insurance and pensions
5) The funds of banks after leaving S.L.R. and C.R.R.
28. The list of Union Cabinet Ministers given. Pick the wrong combination.
1) Salman Khurshid - External Affairs
2) Pallam Raju - Human Resource Development
3) Ashwani Kumar - Law and Justice
4) Veerappa Moily - Petroleum and Natural Gas
5) Kamalnath - Overseas Indian Affairs
29. List of country’s Capital and Currency given. Pick the incorrect one.
1) Philippines - Manila - Peso
2) Thailand - Bangkok - Rupee
3) Vietnam - Hanoi - Dong
4) Iran - Tehran - Rial
5) Mongolia - Ulan Bator - Togrog
30. Which of the following must not be used in the election campaign as it was violating Article 51 (g) of the constitution, as per the order of Election Commission of India on 27th September 2012?
2) News Paper Advertisements
3) Animals and birds
4) TV Advertisements
5) Advertisement through pamphlets
31. In the following Olympics Medal winners from India, who won the gold medal?
1) Vijay Kumar
2) Saina Nehwal
3) Sushil Kumar
4) Abhinav Bhindra
5) All of above are the winners of gold medal
32. What is the theme of UNO International Day of Peace 2012?
1) Peace brings the harmony and Growth
2) No Violence brings the Growth
3) Sustainable Peace for a Sustainable Future
4) Peace brings Happiness
5) Sustainable Peace for a Sustainable Environment
33. …. launched the e-court fee system, first of its kind in India on 20th November 2012.
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
34. Where the Tobacco Board first time launched tobacco e-auctioning on 16th November 2012?
1) Uttar Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
5) Arunachal Pradesh
1-3; 2-1; 3-4; 4-5; 5-3; 6-5; 7-3; 8-3; 9-4; 10-4;
11-3; 12-2; 13-5; 14-3; 15-3; 16-3; 17-3; 18-3; 19-5; 20-2;
21-5; 22-2; 23-5; 24-4; 25-1; 26-3; 27-4; 28-5; 29-2; 30-3;
31-4; 32-3; 33-2; 34-3.